As we wait in the old wood canoe, the hot sun pulses through my whole being. It is hot. Why didn’t I wear my bathing suit? I could be in the water right now if I had! I scold myself. Instead I’m burning up and generating a farmer’s tan to boot!
Finally our guide comes riding across the rickety wood bridge on his bicycle. He is a member of the indigenous Shuar of the rainforest and jungles of…
Bearing my heart for a moment, let me share a small part of what I am learning so far from this crazy 7 week stay in Ecuador…
Patience is the name of the game.I’ve seen to the full extent how much patience God has naturally blessed me with considering situations and circumstances. There are many times I am amazed that I am not immediately and outright frustrated or angry with something that…
my uncle used to be one of those people who drove dead people to cemeteries and such
then he became a taxi driver and the person he was driving tapped his shoulder to ask a question and my uncle screamed really loud
I’m sure that’s what he thought.
the lady behind the counter asked how much whipped cream I wanted and I asked for a shit ton and then she came back with this
We now know the exact amount of shit ton, thank you for your contribution
I used to work at Dunkin and I swear you would do things like this on peoples ridiculous requests and it either got a chuckle and a thank you… Or they bitched you out for being a smart ass.
Example: one time a dude asked for heavy cream so my cashier asked how white they wanted the coffee and they said make it purple. So I went to the decoration area and got flavorless food dye and made it purple. Never had a dude laugh harder in my life
When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them.
Lemony Snicket (via 13-decembers)
1. Do not date a boy who does not care what your favourite song is. The boy who does not care what melodies ignite your heart strings with love and wonder while staring at passing street lights on the last train home, will not care if it’s 2 a.m. and your heart is breaking.
2. Do not let anyone fold you up like last winters tattered scarf and put you away with the others in a neatly labeled box. Even when there’s thunder and the sky is crying, you are your mum’s favourite summer dress. You are to wear yourself like you believe it.
3. We are all stories. Write yours how you want. Make today’s chapter about purposely taking the wrong bus and discovering a tiny blue tea shop, or folding origami paper hearts over and over on your window sill. Just make sure it’s something you’d enjoy reading.
4. I will always try to save you.
5. Someday you will be 19 and lost and heartbroken and you will think about a place you’ve seen on TV or heard or read about in a book or seen a picture of. You will feel your heart drop into your stomach. Go there. For a day, a month, forever, but it’s important that you go.
6. The world is so beautiful. Do not let the slumped over homeless man outside the convenience store or the stories of guns and bombs on the television let you believe otherwise. We are all so lost. All of us. We all show it in different ways. I write bad poems. Others start wars. There is no inherent evil, only good people searching too hard.
7. I love everything about you.
8. Money turns people into liars and emotional ghosts. School grades are an inaccurate representation of you. Measure your life’s worth in how many times you’ve nearly lost your life to laughter, how many books you’ve closed with happy tears in your eyes, people whose lives you’ve brought joy to, marshmallows eaten, or countries visited.
9. Don’t ever let anyone tell you to stop crying. Cry if you want to. It’s okay. You’re allowed.
10. My best friend once told me that the most important decision he had ever made was to love everyone and everything. He’s the only person I’ve ever known to have a viewable aura of light around him. Don’t forget to love this world, to love people. Be light. You are already mine.
tbh I’d probably spend the day sprinting laps around this pretending I’m on wipeout
if a girl wants to watch a sport because she thinks a player is hot then let her, it’s not like guys watch the VS fashion show because they want to buy new bras.
Imagine every time there was a season finale of a TV series, every bar in town was showing it, everyone was talking about it, your boss let you go home earlier to watch it and whilst seeing it people would lie in each other’s arms sobbing about the feels. Now explain to me why that’s immature and unrealistic, but it’s totally normal for football?
YOU DID THE THING
FINALLY SOMEONE DID THE THING
THANK YOU FOR DOING THE THING